I’ve always had a thing for crunchy chocolate bars. There’s one in South Africa called a TV Bar.
Put puffed rice in a chocolate bar and I’m a happy camper.
Sadly I haven’t encountered vegan versions so far. But you guys…..it’s so damn easy to make!
Just 2-ingredients and 15 minutes and you have yourself all the vegan chocolate crunch bars you could ever want.
Well, all the chocolate crunch bars you could ever want for the week.
Yes, for the week. The following week you might want more.
It’s beyond easy to make this.
One little mistake I made though was to slice it into bars when it had already set completely, as you can see there were a few areas of breakage. No biggie!
But if you want to avoid that, then slice it up when it’s not completely firm and then put it back into the fridge to firm up completely.
You will love these vegan chocolate crunch bars for their crunchiness, rich chocolatey deliciousness, how easy they are to make and the simplicity of the 2-ingredient recipe!
I’d love to know what you think of these vegan chocolate crunch bars.
Any comments or questions please post them below in the comments section. I’d love to hear from you.
And if you should happen to take any pics of your chocolate crunch bars, tag them #lovingitvegan on instagram so I can see too! Thanks!
- 5 Slabs (18oz/500g) Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 2 cups (60g) Puffed Rice Cereal*
- The first step is to melt the chocolate.
- Break it up into pieces and then:
- If you have a microwave, you can melt it by microwaving for 30 second intervals, stopping to stir every 30 seconds and then microwaving again until it's completely melted.
- Alternatively, if you have a double boiler, you can melt it using that.
- If you have neither (like me!), then melt the chocolate by placing a heat proof bowl on top of a pot containing a little boiling water.
- Place the puffed rice into a bowl.
- When the chocolate is melted, pour it out over the puffed rice and stir in.
- Pour the mix onto a baking tray covered with parchment paper and smooth down.
- Place into the fridge to set.
- Before it has set completely, remove from the fridge and slice it into bars.
- Return to the fridge to set completely.
**Inspired by Served From Scratch