Making your own homemade nut milks is a valuable life skill. Yeah, even though buying non-dairy milks is easy as these days (thank goodness for that!), there’s something very satisfying about making your own.
You can just sort of sit there smiling smugly to yourself, knowing that you can do it for yourself. Any. time. you. want.
And while the stuff you buy at the store is pretty darn fabulous, there is something a little extra special about the homemade variety.
And of course, you get to make it as creamy as you want. Yes, that’s right – as creamy as you want.
And I think you want it creamy.
Super creamy. Dreamy creamy. Cashew milk moustache kind of creamy.
Coming right up!
What’s more – it doesn’t get easier than this.
With just 5 easy ingredients, a blender and a nut milk bag on hand, you can have creamy dreamy nut milk in minutes.
Okay….you do have to soak the nuts first….. for like, 4 hours.
So what do you think of this glorious cashew nut milk? Made it? Let us know how it went, rate the recipe and leave a comment.
And tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram so we don’t miss out on seeing it! Thanks!
- 1 cup (150g) Cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 3 cups (720ml) Fresh Water
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp (10ml) Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Take 1 cup of cashew nuts and soak them in fresh water for 4 hours.
- Pour off the soak water and rinse the nuts.
- Add the nuts to the blender with 3 cups of fresh water.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt and blend again until properly blended.
- Pour into a nut milk bag and strain it through the nut milk bag completely to remove any grittiness and leave a very smooth, creamy milk.
- Place into a glass container with a lid and keep refrigerated where it will keep for up to 3 days.
- Use in smoothies, over cereal, in tea and coffee, and just drink it as is.
*This post contains an affiliate link for a Nut Milk Bag (highly useful in the making of cashew nut milk!)