I love garlic. So much. Oh let me count the ways!
But when it comes to roasted garlic?
The love is on a whole other level!
It is SOOOO good!
Ya know, raw garlic is very potent.
It’s very powerful and the taste is quite sharp.
But now, when you go and roast it, it mellows out those sharp edges, but intensifies the richness of the flavor.
The result is garlic deliciousness to the extreme!
And making it is a breeze!
You simply remove the outer skins (just the outer ones), then use a knife to chop off the tops (as pictured).
Then put it in some tinfoil, pour over 1 tsp of olive oil, wrap it up and bake it for 35-40 minutes in the oven.
Your house will smell sooo good while this is cooking!
Once cooked it is the easiest thing to pop the garlic cloves out of their skins, and then you can easily mash with a fork if you need it mashed.
Any questions or comments? Post ’em down below! And if you happen to make some delish roasted garlic, pop back here and let us know how it turned out!
- 1 Head Garlic
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 430 degrees fahrenheit (220 degrees celsius)
- Remove just the outer flaky layers of the head of garlic, leaving the inner skins intact.
- Using a knife chop off just the tips of each clove.
- Place in tinfoil and pour over 1 tsp of olive oil and rub it around the sides so that the garlic is covered with the oil.
- Wrap it up in the tinfoil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the tinfoil, allow to cool for a few minutes and then pop out the cloves with your fingers.