Toasted coconut topping is the best thing ever as a….well, as a topping!
For ice creams especially!
Or sprinkle it on cakes, cupcakes, cookies or just your oatmeal in the morning!
It’s a cinch to make as well, all you do is take a 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, which is not the dried out crushed version (that would be dessicated coconut), but the moist shredded coconut flakes like you see in the pic below.
And you gently toast that in the oven for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
Then you whiz it up in the food processor with 1/4 cup of coconut sugar.
You have the most delicious smelling house (that toasty coconut thing smells beautiful!) and the most fabulous dessert topping.
Store it in an airtight jar and sprinkle it on ice cream, pancakes, cakes, cookies or just on your morning oatmeal or granola!
My personal favorite is sprinkled generously on some vegan coconut ice cream!
Any questions? Post them down below.
And if you make this recipe, let us know how it goes!
And let us know what you use it on. Ice cream? Oatmeal? Pancakes? We’d love to know! Thanks!
- ½ cup (40g) Shredded Coconut
- ¼ cup (30g) Coconut Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (180 degrees celsius).
- Place the shredded coconut onto a baking tray.
- Bake it for 6-8 minutes stirring every 2 minutes until golden brown and toasted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- When it's cooled, move the toasted coconut to a food processor and add the coconut sugar.
- Process until finely mixed.
- Move to an airtight jar for storage.