Who doesn’t love the smell of pancakes in the morning? These vegan coconut pancakes are fabulously coconutty, fluffy, light, mildly sweet and just ideal smothered in syrup (and a little vegan butter) for a glorious vegan breakfast.
They are also so easy to whip up that the entire breakfast can be ready in 15-20 minutes.
And if you want to go really gourmet, serve with some fresh fruit along with your syrup, or some whipped coconut cream (you know you want to!).
With a glass of non-dairy milk on the side, you just can’t go wrong starting your day like this.
The only way this flops (and really, it’s only the first one that flops), is if your frying pan isn’t hot enough to start with.
When that happens your first pancake absorbs too much of the oil it’s supposed to cook in and gets a little crispy.
Still entirely edible, and really that’s about as much of a flop as you can have with these.
And you’ll love the gorgeous color of these babies.
Double up the recipe if you’re really hungry or have a few people over, as the batch only makes 6 pancakes.
What you’ll love about these pancakes is how hearty, fluffy and wholesome they are.
As well as how fabulously the coconut flavor comes through.
The texture is perfectly chewy with that lovely nutty texture from the coconut.
So…..pancakes on the menu for breakfast tomorrow?
If you make these pancakes, let us know!
Take a photo and tag it #lovingitvegan on Instagram. We love seeing your kitchen creations.
Or leave us a comment and rate it .
- 1.25 cups (156g) All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp (39g) Sugar
- ¼ cup (20g) Dessicated (Shredded) Coconut
- 1 tsp (5g) Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 Tbsp (15g) Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) Vanilla Extract
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, dessicated coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp hot water from the kettle and allowing to stand for a minute.
- Add the soy milk, vanilla extract and coconut oil to mixing bowl and stir in.
- Add the flax egg and stir.
- Heat a frying pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil and when the pan is very hot, add roughly a quarter cup of batter to the pan.
- Flip at the point when bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- Cook on the other side until both sides are properly browned.
- Top with vegan butter, syrup, shredded coconut, fresh fruit or any other toppings of your choice.