These delicious homemade crunch bars are made with just 2 simple ingredients. Crunchy puffed rice cereal and rich decadent chocolate combine to create this candy bar treat.
- 3 cups (525g) Vegan Chocolate (Chopped) or Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups (70g) Puffed Rice Cereal*
- Spray an 8×8 square dish with non-stick spray and line it with parchment paper so that there is an overhang on either side.
- Add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave it in 30-second intervals bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until melted.
- Add the puffed rice cereal and fold it into the melted chocolate.
- Pour out into the prepared 8×8 square dish and smooth down.
- Place into the fridge to set.
- When set remove it from the dish using the parchment paper overhang. Cut into 10 neat bars.
*Vegan chocolate. It’s best to use a high quality good tasting vegan chocolate bar (roughly chopped). You can also use vegan chocolate chips but make sure you use a brand that you know will melt down and re-set well.
*Puffed rice cereal. Rice krispies may not be technically vegan in some countries because of the way their Vitamin D is sourced, but you can certainly use an alternative brand of puffed rice cereal. If you’re gluten-free then make sure you use a gluten-free brand of puffed rice cereal.
*Storing and Freezing. These bars store very well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. They are also freezer friendly for up to 3 months.
*This recipe was first published in June 2016. It’s been updated with new photos and text.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: By Hand
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Bar (of 10)
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 9.6g
- Sodium: 40mg
- Fat: 25.2g
- Saturated Fat: 15.2g
- Carbohydrates: 21.7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5.2g
Keywords: crunch bars, homemade crunch bars, vegan crunch bars