Simple vegan chocolate crunch bars. Just 2-ingredients and 15 minutes and you have the most delicious treat.
- 5 Slabs (18oz/500g) Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 2 cups (60g) Puffed Rice Cereal*
- The first step is to melt the chocolate.
- Break it up into pieces and then:
- If you have a microwave, you can melt it by microwaving for 30 second intervals, stopping to stir every 30 seconds and then microwaving again until it’s completely melted.
- Alternatively, if you have a double boiler, you can melt it using that.
- If you have neither (like me!), then melt the chocolate by placing a heat proof bowl on top of a pot containing a little boiling water.
- Place the puffed rice into a bowl.
- When the chocolate is melted, pour it out over the puffed rice and stir in.
- Pour the mix onto a baking tray covered with parchment paper and smooth down.
- Place into the fridge to set.
- Before it has set completely, remove from the fridge and slice it into bars.
- Return to the fridge to set completely.
*I used Rice Krispies.
*Inspired by Served From Scratch
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Bar (of 8)
- Calories: 356
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Fat: 28.2g
- Saturated Fat: 17.2g
- Carbohydrates: 18.8g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 6.7g