These delicious vegan crepes are so simple with only 3-ingredients. Served with cinnamon sugar, lemon juice and maple syrup they’re the best thing ever!
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute or two so that it becomes gloopy.
- While the flax egg is sitting, sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the soy milk and the flax egg and mix in well.
- Heat up a frying pan with 1/2 tsp of oil (I used coconut) and when the pan is very hot, pour in enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan once swirled around.
- Flip the crepe only when it’s cooked through enough so that there is no wet patches of batter facing upwards.
- Cook on the other side until both sides are lightly browned.
- Repeat until your batter is finished.
- Serve with cinnamon and sugar* fresh lemon juice and syrup.
*To make cinnamon sugar mix, add 1/4 cup (50g) of white granulated sugar to a bowl and then add in 1 tsp ground cinnamon and mix together.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate based on 1 crepe of 6, without any toppings.
*This recipe makes around 5 or 6 crepes. Feel free to double up the recipe if you want more.
*This recipe was first published in September 2015, updated with improved photos and text.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Crepe
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan crepes