Hearty and wholesome baked tofu and vegetable casserole. Gluten-free and vegan this is an ideal dinner meal for when you want something deliciously healthy but easy to throw together.
- 10.5 oz (300g) Butternut
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- 1 Large Carrot
- 9 oz (250g) White Button Mushrooms
- 3.5 oz (100g) Broccoli Florets
- 12 oz (340g) Extra Firm Tofu
- For the Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Date Honey
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic and Herb Spice (or any dried herb spice of your choice)
- For Serving:
- Cooked Quinoa
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit (230 degrees celsius)
- Dice up the veggies and tofu and place into the casserole dish. If you want a firmer baked tofu texture then press it for 20 minutes first, ideally using a Tofu Press.
- Mix up the sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour over the vegetables in the casserole dish, mix in.
- Cover the casserole dish and place into the oven.
- While the casserole is cooking, place the cup of quinoa along with 1 and a 1/4 cups of water into the steamer tray of your steamer.
- Set it to steam for 30 minutes.
- When the vegetables are soft and cooked in the casserole, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the quinoa and serve with some fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
*The link to the Tofu Press is an affiliate link.
- Category: Entree, Casserole
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 422
- Sugar: 16.9g
- Sodium: 693mg
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 47.6g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 19.5g