This baked tofu is the best ever. It’s super crispy and super delicious, easy to make and perfect for a high protein meal.
- Press your tofu, ideally using a tofu press, or place your tofu on a plate, with another plate on top of it and then place something heavy on top of that like a heavy pot or a stack of books. Let the tofu press for 30 minutes so it becomes as firm as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Cut your pressed tofu into cubes and place into a container with a lid.
- Add the cornstarch, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, salt and ground black pepper to a bowl and mix together.
- Drizzle the sesame oil over the tofu and then put the lid on the container and rotate it a few times so that the oil is evenly spread.
- Add the cornstarch and seasonings mix to the tofu and then put the lid on again and rotate the bowl a few times so that the tofu is evenly coated with the spices.
- Spread the tofu cubes evenly on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then flip the tofu cubes and bake for a further 15 minutes until deliciously crispy.
*If your tofu is super extra firm then you may be able to skip the step of pressing it first. However, the issue is that if you think your tofu is super firm but it isn’t really, then when you rotate it in the bowl with the spices, it will break up. A tofu press is highly recommended if you eat tofu regularly.
*For Serving: This is totally delicious served with some sweet chili sauce for dipping or a vegan peanut sauce.
*Prep time does not include the time taken to press the tofu.
- Category: Side, Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 409mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 14.4g
Keywords: baked tofu, crispy baked tofu