Moist and delicious vegan banana bread muffins. Delicious served either warm from the oven or cold, with lashings of vegan butter or just plain! Have the best smelling house on the block when you make these muffins!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp Hot water and allowing to sit for a minute.
- Peel the bananas and add to a blender along with the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk) and the coconut oil. Blend.
- Pour the blended mix over the dry ingredients and mix in.
- Add the flax egg.
- Crush the walnuts by placing into a ziplock bag and rolling over it with a rolling pin to break the walnuts into small pieces. You don’t want them completely crushed, just broken into small pieces.
- Mix the walnuts into the batter.
- Spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray and then divide the batter evenly across the muffin tray.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool and serve warm with or without vegan butter.
*For the best most accurate results weigh your flour and your bananas.
*Adapted from our Vegan Banana Bread.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin (of 12)
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 19.7g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 4.1g
Keywords: vegan banana bread muffins