Insanely delicious no-bake vegan banoffee pie with a walnut date crust, date caramel center and whipped coconut cream topping, with loads of sliced banana of course!
- Add the walnuts and pitted dates to the food processor and process. It will first be crumbly and then gradually will become doughy and start to stick together as the nuts release their oils. Process until it reaches this sticky dough stage. Transfer to a pie dish and press down firmly, working it up along the sides a little bit. Place into the freezer to set while you make the filling.
- To make the date caramel a bit easier, first microwave your dates for 30 seconds, this will soften them up and make them easier to process. If you don’t have a microwave you can skip this step but it will just take a little longer.
- Add the dates to the food processor and process. It will first form a giant ball of toffee and then will gradually break up and stick to the sides of the food processor. Keep processing, until the giant ball is mostly broken up. Heat the coconut cream in the microwave for 30 seconds and then add gradually while the food processor is running. If you don’t need the full cup, then don’t use it all. You are going for a very creamy date caramel texture here. Thick is good, but you want it to be smooth and creamy. Add in the almond butter and process until well mixed in.
- Spread the date caramel filling out over the walnut/date crust and smooth it out. Return to the freezer to set.
- To make your whipped cream, you need to have had a can of coconut cream chilling in the fridge overnight at least. Remove the chilled can from the fridge, being careful not to shake it. Open it and you’ll see the cream has risen to the top, leaving the watery part behind. Scoop out only this cream section into the bowl of an electric mixer. Start at slow speed and then gradually increase speed until the cream is whipped.
- Slice your bananas and then lightly brush them with freshly squeezed lemon juice to avoid discoloration. Spread a layer of banana on top of the caramel layer. Then spread your whipped cream on top and then add the rest of the sliced banana and finish off with some grated dark chocolate.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 10)
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 39.3g
- Sodium: 36mg
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 53.4g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Protein: 7.6g