These heart-shaped caramel fudge vegan chocolates are perfect for a romantic occasion such as Valentines Day. Vegan, gluten-free, easy and fun.
For the Caramel Fudge Center:
For the Chocolate:
- 9oz (255g) Vegan Dark Chocolate
- Melt half the chocolate either over a double boiler or in the microwave by microwaving for 30 second intervals and then bringing out to stir.
- In a heart-shaped silicon mould, spoon in the melted chocolate using a teaspoon to gently nudge the chocolate up the sides of the mould as much as you can. When the bottom and sides are coated as well as possible, place the mould into the freezer to allow the chocolate to set.
- Prepare the caramel fudge centers. Melt the coconut butter by placing the whole jar (sealed) into a bowl of very hot water. After a few minutes, take it out and stir the coconut butter very well. This is because it usually separates when cold, so you need to get it all well mixed again.
- Measure out a quarter cup of coconut butter into a bowl. Add the maple syrup or golden syrup and vanilla and mix in.
- Bring out the silicon mould when the chocolate is set and place a spoonful of caramel fudge mix into the center of each chocolate. Return to the freezer to set.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate and then spoon it out on top of each chocolate to close it off completely. Return to the freezer to set.
- Once set, remove the chocolates from the moulds and serve. Keep any leftovers in a container in the fridge.
*This must be coconut butter, not cocoa butter and not coconut oil.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Chocolate (of 10)
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 12.6g
- Sodium: 9mg
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 2.2g