These vegan chocolate caramels are rich and decadent and so easy to make! Totally divine and perfect for a special occasion.
For the Caramel Center:
For the Chocolate:
- 1 and 1/2 cups (262g) Chopped Vegan Chocolate or Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Melt half the chocolate by placing it into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds.
- In a heart-shaped silicon mold, spoon in the melted chocolate using a teaspoon or brush to gently nudge the chocolate up the sides of the mold as much as you can. When the bottom and sides are coated as well as possible, place the mold into the freezer to allow the chocolate to set.
- Prepare the caramel centers. Melt the coconut butter by placing the whole jar (sealed) into a bowl of very hot water. After a few minutes, take it out and stir the coconut butter very well. This is because it usually separates when cold, so you need to get it all well mixed again.
- Measure out a quarter cup of melted coconut butter into a bowl. Add the maple syrup or golden syrup and vanilla and mix into a thick caramel.
- Bring out the silicon mold when the chocolate is set and place a spoonful of the caramel into the center of each chocolate. Return to the freezer to set.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate and then spoon it out on top of each chocolate to close it off completely. Return the chocolates to the freezer to set.
- Once set, pop the chocolates out from the molds and serve. Keep leftover chocolates stored in the fridge.
*This must be coconut butter, not cocoa butter and not coconut oil.
*My favorite is to use a high quality vegan chocolate for this and just melt that down rather than chocolate chips. But chocolate chips will also work in a pinch.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: By Hand
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Chocolate (of 10)
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 12.6g
- Sodium: 9mg
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 2.2g
Keywords: vegan chocolate caramels