I’ve been wanting to make this vegan cheesecake ice cream for a while now. Ever since I made my salted caramel ice cream in fact.
This is because when I was making the salted caramel ice cream I tested a version made with cashew nuts, which is when I noticed it had a decidedly cheesecake flavor. It didn’t work for my salted caramel version but I knew it would work wonderfully for a cheesecake ice cream.
So here we are!
And what’s better than a cheesecake ice cream? A cheesecake ice cream with date caramel swirl AND topped with a caramel sauce, that’s what.
The basic cheesecake ice cream here is so fantastic it doesn’t need anything else truth be told.
But I got carried away with myself and added in the date caramel swirl and as if that wasn’t enough, had to top it off with a gorgeous 3-ingredient caramel sauce, that happens to be raw vegan too! Amazing!
The cheesecake ice cream is a simple recipe containing just 5 ingredients. And the date caramel swirl is just another 2-ingredients. And then the caramel sauce is just 3-ingredients, so even with everything added in you still only need 10 ingredients.
Simplicity at its finest.
This ice-cream is rich! Well I guess the question is when is cheesecake ever not rich? So probably no big surprise there.
But still, this is a rich one, so you generally feel pretty satisfied with a small portion.
I hope you’ll love this recipe as much as I do! This vegan cheesecake ice-cream is:
- Fabulously Creamy
- Cheesecake Flavored
- Insanely Delicious!
As with all homemade ice-cream if you consume it within a few days you’ll have it at it’s best. Of course it is ice cream though so it will last for ages in the freezer, but it’s at the peak of deliciousness within a few days, so why not just eat it all then?
Let me know what you think of this vegan cheesecake ice cream! And if you make this recipe, pop back and rate it and let us know how it went for you.
Tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram if you take any pics, we’d love love love to see it!
And if you aren’t already, subscribe to our mailing list so we can send you an awesome free ebook containing 10 fabulous recipes! And you’ll stay up to date with all the delicious new recipes we’re posting to the site.Print
Wonderfully rich and creamy vegan cheesecake ice-cream with caramel swirl. Easy recipe with a super satisfying result, this ice-cream is Vegan and Gluten-free.
- For the Ice-Cream:
- 1.5 cups (225g) Cashews (pre-soaked for 1 hour in hot water).
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Maple Syrup
- 1 Lemon (Squeezed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- For the Caramel Swirl:
- 12 Medium to Large Dates ~1 cup packed (175g)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Coconut Cream
- For the Sauce:
- Vegan Caramel Sauce (Optional)
- At least the night before you want to make ice-cream place the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer to freeze properly.
- The next day measure out your cashews and place in a bowl. Pour hot water from the kettle over them and allow to soak for 1 hour. Then drain and rinse and they’re ready to use.
- Add cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon and vanilla to a blender and blend very well until completely smooth.
- Pour this out into a container, seal it and place it into the freezer for an hour to become very chilled.
- Pour this chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and churn until it reaches ice cream consistency. I found this happened very fast in my cuisinart ice cream maker but it depends on your machine. Try to churn for at least 20 minutes even if it thickens very fast.
- Prepare your date caramel by adding the dates to the food processor and processing into a paste, adding the 1/2 cup coconut cream until it forms into a thick and creamy date caramel. For full instructions, see my recipe: how to make date caramel.
- When your ice cream has reached soft serve consistency and has churned for at least 20 minutes transfer the ice cream to a loaf pan and smooth out.
- Add the date caramel and swirl it in.
- Cover with tinfoil and place into the freezer to set properly.
- Serve with a vegan caramel sauce (optional).
*Prep and cook time don’t include soaking the nuts, chilling the mixture or freezing the ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 420
- Sugar: 29.3g
- Sodium: 22mg
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 13.7g
- Carbohydrates: 40.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 6.8g
*This post contains an affiliate link for the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.