Wonderfully rich and creamy vegan cheesecake ice-cream with caramel swirl. Easy recipe with a super satisfying result, this ice-cream is Vegan and Gluten-free.
For the Ice-Cream:
- 1.5 cups (225g) Cashews (pre-soaked for 1 hour in hot water).
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Maple Syrup
- 1 Lemon (Squeezed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Caramel Swirl:
- 12 Medium to Large Dates ~1 cup packed (175g)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Coconut Cream
For the Sauce:
- Vegan Caramel Sauce (Optional)
- At least the night before you want to make ice-cream place the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer to freeze properly.
- The next day measure out your cashews and place in a bowl. Pour hot water from the kettle over them and allow to soak for 1 hour. Then drain and rinse and they’re ready to use.
- Add cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon and vanilla to a blender and blend very well until completely smooth.
- Pour this out into a container, seal it and place it into the freezer for an hour to become very chilled.
- Pour this chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and churn until it reaches ice cream consistency. I found this happened very fast in my cuisinart ice cream maker but it depends on your machine. Try to churn for at least 20 minutes even if it thickens very fast.
- Prepare your date caramel by adding the dates to the food processor and processing into a paste, adding the 1/2 cup coconut cream until it forms into a thick and creamy date caramel. For full instructions, see my recipe: how to make date caramel.
- When your ice cream has reached soft serve consistency and has churned for at least 20 minutes transfer the ice cream to a loaf pan and smooth out.
- Add the date caramel and swirl it in.
- Cover with tinfoil and place into the freezer to set properly.
- Serve with a vegan caramel sauce (optional).
*Prep and cook time don’t include soaking the nuts, chilling the mixture or freezing the ice cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 420
- Sugar: 29.3g
- Sodium: 22mg
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 13.7g
- Carbohydrates: 40.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 6.8g