These vegan peanut butter pancakes are fluffy and delicious! Packed with peanut butter AND chocolate chips, this is a dessert/breakfast experience of note.
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- 1/4 cup (63g) Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup (115g) Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil (or other oil, for frying)
For Serving (Optional):
- Peanut Butter (Melted, Drizzled)
- Vegan Chocolate or Chocolate Chips (Melted, Drizzled)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp Hot water and allow it to sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add the soy milk and flax egg to the mixing bowl along with the peanut butter and whisk briefly with a hand whisk to combine.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Add a little coconut oil to a frying pan and let it heat up until hot (not smoking) before adding roughly a 1/4 cup of batter.
- Small bubbles will appear on the surface of the pancake and the edges will start to look dry, that is the time to flip it over.
- Cook each pancake for around 3 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with drizzled melted peanut butter and melted chocolate for a decadent treat.
*Measure the flour correctly using the spoon and level method (spoon the flour into a measuring cup and level off the top with a knife, don’t scoop it or pack it into the cup) or weigh it on a food scale. If your batter is too thick, then you have likely used too much flour. Add extra non-dairy milk to compensate if this has happened. Refer to our photos in the post to see how the batter should look.
*If you need to make this gluten-free then try a gluten-free all purpose flour blend instead of the regular flour, in the same quantity.
*This recipe was first published in August 2017.
*Recipe adapted from our Vegan Pancakes.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 10.5g
- Sodium: 415mg
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8.1g
Keywords: vegan peanut butter pancakes