OH the double chocolate chocolatey deliciousness is here! Vegan chocolate chocolate chip muffins at your service!
Deliciously warm fudgy brownie style muffins that is.
These chocolate chocolate chip muffins are so easy, there’s not even a troubleshooting guide. It’s not like blueberry muffins where you have to make sure the blueberries don’t sink, in this case, the chocolate chips stay put!
In my case I used chocolate chunks cut directly from a slab of vegan chocolate. I just can’t find chocolate chips in this part of the world.
But chocolate chunks work fine! You just have to have some patience to cut them!
I wanted to make a slightly ‘lighter’ version (and really, I do mean slightly) so I swapped out half the coconut oil for applesauce. Just delicious!
They taste like fudgy brownies actually. And when they’re still warm from the oven you have melting chocolate inside, soooo good.
You will love these chocolate chocolate chip muffins, they are:
- Like fudgy brownie muffins
- Double chocolate
- Perfectly sweet
- Ideal as a snack
All that and they’re even a ‘little’ lighter too! It’s a win/win! Have ’em for breakfast, have ’em for lunch, have ’em anytime! Keep them covered at room temperature where they will stay fresh for a few days.
So let us know what you think of these vegan chocolate chip muffins! Rate the recipe and leave us a comment! And tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram so we can check them out!
For more delicious muffin goodies check out:
And while you’re here – sign up for our email list! You’ll get an awesome free recipe ebook, and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes!Print
Fudgy brownie style vegan chocolate chocolate chip muffins. These chocolate muffins stuffed with chocolate chips are insanely delicious and quick and easy to make!
- 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (42g) Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 Flax Egg
- 3.5 oz (100g) Vegan Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Then add the soy milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil, applesauce and vinegar and whisk together with a hand whisk briefly.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add in the flax egg and whisk it in.
- Chop the vegan chocolate into small chunks roughly equivalent in size to chocolate chips, or just use chocolate chips if you can get them. Throw in the chocolate chunks/chips and fold in.
- Spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray and divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the trays for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin (of 12)
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 18.3g
- Sodium: 223mg
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 35.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 4.1g