Fudgy brownie style vegan chocolate chocolate chip muffins. These chocolate muffins stuffed with chocolate chips are insanely delicious and quick and easy to make!
- 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (42g) Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 Flax Egg
- 3.5 oz (100g) Vegan Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Then add the soy milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil, applesauce and vinegar and whisk together with a hand whisk briefly.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add in the flax egg and whisk it in.
- Chop the vegan chocolate into small chunks roughly equivalent in size to chocolate chips, or just use chocolate chips if you can get them. Throw in the chocolate chunks/chips and fold in.
- Spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray and divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the trays for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin (of 12)
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 18.3g
- Sodium: 223mg
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 35.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 4.1g