This chocolate hummus tastes just like chocolate pudding. It’s great as a dip for fresh fruit or pretzels, or just to eat with a spoon.
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup (21g) Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup (88g) Vegan Chocolate or Chocolate Chips (Measured, then melted)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup (63g) Almond Butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups Canned Chickpeas (Drained)*
For Serving (Optional):
- Roasted Salted Almonds (Chopped)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Add the almond milk, cocoa powder, melted vegan chocolate, maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond butter to your food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the chickpeas and process into a smooth chocolate hummus.
- Let the food processor run for a few minutes to get it really smooth.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of roasted, salted almonds and some fresh strawberries or pretzels on the side for dipping.
*This is one 15oz (425g) standard can of chickpeas, drained.
*This recipe was first published in September 2018.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 8)
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 14.8g
- Sodium: 106mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 25.5g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 5.1g
Keywords: chocolate hummus