Healthy and delicious 5-ingredient chocolate peanut butter smoothie, an ideal power shake to start off the day just right! Ready in 5 minutes. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 3 Frozen Bananas (10.5oz/300g)*
- 4 Tbsp (64g) Peanut Butter
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk*
- 2 Medjool Dates (Pitted)
- 2 Tbsp (14g) Cocoa Powder
For Serving (Optional):
- Vegan Chocolate Chips (Sprinkled)
- Melted Peanut Butter (Drizzled)
- Add the frozen bananas to your blender jug along with the peanut butter, soy milk, medjool dates and cocoa powder.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour out into glasses and serve with some melted drizzled peanut butter on top and some vegan chocolate chips (optional).
*Whenever you have an excess of ripe bananas on hand, peel them, break them into quarters and place into a freezer bag and freeze. Bananas should have been frozen for at least 12 hours and be properly frozen for best results in this smoothie.
*Feel free to use a different non-dairy milk if you prefer.
*Medjool dates are good for this as they are nice and soft and blend very nicely, but you can definitely substitute for any other kind of date or a different kind of sweetener such as a tablespoon or two of maple syrup if you prefer.
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten-Free, Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 2)
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 37.7g
- Sodium: 270mg
- Fat: 19.7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrates: 66.5g
- Fiber: 9.1g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter smoothie