Rich, chocolatey and super easy vegan chocolate tiffin squares. Packed with shortbread and raisins and topped with rich dark chocolate.
- ~9oz / 250g Vegan Shortbread Cookies (Homemade or Store Bought)*
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Golden Syrup (or other syrup)
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup (21g) Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 3.5oz (100g) Raisins (seedless)
- 7oz (200g) Vegan Dark Chocolate
- Crush the shortbread cookies by placing them into a ziplock bag and rolling over them with a rolling pin or pestle so that they are crumbly but still have some chunks remaining.
- Then add the vegan butter, golden syrup, brown sugar and cocoa powder to a pot or saucepan.
- Heat up stirring gently until it melts into a thick hot chocolate sauce.
- Turn off the heat and add the crushed shortbread and the raisins. Stir so that everything is well covered in chocolate.
- Pour out into a parchment lined loaf pan and smooth down with a spoon. Place into the fridge to set.
- Once set, melt the chocolate in the microwave by heating for 30 second intervals and then stirring until it’s completely melted. Pour over the top of the tiffin base and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Return to the fridge and allow to set completely before slicing into squares.
*If you’re making my vegan shortbread cookies recipe, then this makes the perfect amount, and you just use all of them.
*Prep time does not include baking the shortbread cookies, or time spent setting in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 Square (of 10)
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 20.9g
- Sodium: 217mg
- Fat: 20.1g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6g
- Carbohydrates: 35.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g