These classic vegan waffles are beautifully golden in color, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and simply delicious served with vegan whipped cream, fresh fruit and syrup.
- Put your waffle machine on to preheat.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the baking powder, salt and sugar. Then add the soy milk or other non-dairy milk, coconut oil and vanilla and whisk with a hand whisk to remove any lumps. The batter will be quite thin.
- When your waffle maker is heated, pour out the batter (use as much as recommended according to the waffle maker manufacturer instructions) and close the machine.
- Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream or vegan ice cream, fresh fruit and maple syrup.
*Nutritional information is based on 1 waffle of 4 without any toppings.
*You might get more waffles out of this recipe, depending on the size of the waffle iron you are using.
*Follow the waffle machines manufacturer instructions in terms of how much batter to use per waffle.
*Also check your manufacturer instructions about whether or not to use non-stick spray. Some machines require it and some don’t.
- Serving Size: 1 Waffle (of 4)
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 11.6g
- Sodium: 429mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 42.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 6.2g