These classic vegan waffles are beautifully golden in color, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and simply delicious served with vegan whipped cream, fresh fruit and syrup.
For the Waffles:
- 1 and 1/4 cup (156g) All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cup (300ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Put your waffle machine on to preheat.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the baking powder, salt and sugar. Then add the soy milk or other non-dairy milk, coconut oil and vanilla and whisk with a hand whisk to remove any lumps. The batter will be quite thin.
- When your waffle maker is heated, pour out the batter (use as much as recommended according to the waffle maker manufacturer instructions) and close the machine.
- Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream or vegan ice cream, fresh fruit and maple syrup.
*Nutritional information is based on 1 waffle of 4 without any toppings.
*You might get more waffles out of this recipe, depending on the size of the waffle iron you are using.
*Follow the waffle machines manufacturer instructions in terms of how much batter to use per waffle.
*Also check your manufacturer instructions about whether or not to use non-stick spray. Some machines require it and some don’t.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Waffle (of 4)
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 11.6g
- Sodium: 429mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 42.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 6.2g
Keywords: vegan waffles