Smooth and ultra-creamy vegan coconut ice cream sprinkled with toasted coconut. This vegan ice cream has the perfect texture and only 4-ingredients.
- The night before you want to have ice cream, place the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker into the freezer.
- Then in a pot, heat up the coconut milk, coconut cream, sugar and syrup to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- As soon as it reaches a simmer, remove from the heat and blend with a handheld (immersion) blender for 30 seconds.
- If you don’t have a handheld blender, then transfer the mixture to a blender jug and blend it in there, just make sure the lid is firmly closed.
- Pour the mixture into a container with a lid and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, remove the freezer bowl from the freezer, and get your ice cream machine ready.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream machine and churn according to your ice cream makers manufacturer instructions. It should be around 25-40 minutes to reach soft serve consistency.
- As soon as it reaches soft serve consistency, transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe container, smooth it out, cover with foil and place into the freezer to set firmly. This can take 4-6 hours or even longer depending on your freezer.
- Prepare your toasted coconut topping as per the linked recipe.
- Serve the ice cream with sprinkled toasted coconut sprinkled on top.
*Nutritional information is for the vegan coconut ice cream only, nutritional information for the toasted coconut topping can be found on that recipe.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 19.9g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated Fat: 15.8g
- Carbohydrates: 21.5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1.2g
Keywords: vegan coconut ice cream