Creamy asparagus pasta, a hearty and deliciously satisfying plant-based entree! Ready in 30-40 minutes, filling, flavorful and vegan.
- Place the asparagus onto a parchment lined baking tray. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Bake in the oven at 425°F (220°C) for 10-12 minutes until soft and cooked.
- Cook the penne according to package instructions.
- Heat up the oil for the white sauce in a pot. When the oil is hot, add the flour and stirring constantly fry the flour in the oil for a few minutes, do not let it burn.
- Add the soy milk (or other non-dairy milk) and stirring all the while bring to the boil and continue stirring until the sauce begins to thicken. Continue to stir until desired consistency is reached, bearing in mind that it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Add sea salt, black pepper and mustard to taste.
- Stir in the asparagus and then add the penne and toss together.
- Serve with some vegan parmesan cheese.
*The white sauce is from my Vegan White Sauce.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 273mg
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 52.5g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 11.9g