Creamy and rich vegan mushroom risotto. A perfect savory entrée, packed with mushroom flavor. Ready in 45 minutes! Gluten-Free.
For the Risotto:
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 6 cups Vegetable Stock/Broth
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Packs (18oz/500g) Brown Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1.5 cups (300g) Risotto (Arborio) Rice
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare the 6 cups vegetable stock/broth and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a pot, add the onion and sauté on medium high for a couple of minutes.
- Then add in the sliced mushrooms, cover the pot and cook for a couple of minutes until the mushrooms have released some of their water.
- Then remove the lid and add the rice and sauté it with the onions and mushrooms.
- Then add 3 cups of vegetable stock/broth, stir well and then cover and simmer for around 20 minutes until the broth is mostly absorbed.
- Then add 1.5 cups vegetable stock/broth, stir well again and cover and simmer for around 10 minutes until the broth is mostly absorbed.
- Then add the last 1.5 cups of vegetable stock/broth, stir well again and cover and simmer for a final 5-10 minutes.
- It’s ready when all the stock/broth has been mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the 2 Tbsp of vegan butter.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with chopped parsley and some vegan parmesan
*If your stock has dehydrated vegetable pieces in it, it’s better to strain it so that it’s just the clear broth.
*The times mentioned are just a guide, if you’re cooking on a gas stove or just in a different pot, it might go faster. So you’re watching for when the broth is mostly absorbed before adding more broth rather than keeping a watch on time.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Savory, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 396
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sodium: 1219mg
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 69.3g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 9.9g
Keywords: vegan mushroom risotto