Rich, hearty and satisfying vegan potato soup. Super easy, hugely delicious and so filling you can have it as a main course!
- Add the chopped onions and crushed garlic to a pot with the coconut oil and dried thyme and rosemary and sauté until the onions are slightly softened.
- Add the carrots and potatoes (peeled and chopped) and sauté for a minute just to blend the flavors together.
- Pour in the vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and then cover the pot, turn down the heat and simmer for around 30 minutes until soft and cooked.
- Remove from the heat and blend with an immersion blender into a thick creamy soup. Then add the coconut milk and stir through.
- Gradually heat the soup to a simmer again so that the coconut milk flavors blend properly.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with chopped chives and some delicious breads for dipping.
*Any variety of potato should work great here, so long as you don’t overcook it. The potatoes should be cooked and soft but not overdone (i.e. they should not be disintegrating).
*If you’re serving as a main course, this soup will serve 4, however as an appetizer, it will easily serve 6.
- Category: Appetizer, Gluten-Free, Savory
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 6)
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 642mg
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated Fat: 13.6g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Protein: 6.9g
Keywords: vegan potato soup