This baked dairy free cheesecake is just as good or better than any baked cheesecake you’ve ever had. It’s creamy and cheesy and simply sensational!
For the Crust:
- 28 Golden Oreos*
- 1/3 cup (75g) Vegan Butter (Melted)
For the Filling:
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Cream (Chilled in the fridge overnight)*
- 1 cup (150g) Raw Cashews
- 2 Tubs (8oz each) Dairy-Free Cream Cheese (We used Tofutti)
- 1 and 2/3 cups (330g) Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)*
- 1/2 cup (64g) Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon (~2 Tbsp)
For the Topping (Optional):
- 6 Golden Oreos (Crushed)
- Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Add the oreo cookies to the food processor and process into crumbs. Melt the vegan butter and then add to the processor and process again until all the crumbs are coated with the butter. Spray a 9-inch round pie dish* with non-stick spray and then press the cookie crumbs down into an even layer. Set aside while you prepare your filling.
- Take the can of chilled coconut cream from the fridge and open the can. Scoop the hardened cream that has risen to the top into your blender jug, leaving the watery part behind. Add the raw cashews and blend until smooth. If your blender is not powerful (like a Vitamix) then blend the coconut cream first, and then add the cashew nuts and blend them in. Set aside.
- Add the two tubs of dairy-free cream cheese to the bowl of your stand mixer, along with the caster sugar, cornstarch, salt, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Starting at slow speed gradually increase speed until everything is well mixed. Be careful not to overmix, it just needs to be mixed in, don’t leave the mixer running.
- Add the coconut cream and cashew mix along with some lemon zest to the cream cheese mix and mix in by hand (don’t use the electric mixer for this part).
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth down.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- After 60 minutes turn off the oven and crack open the oven door leaving the cheesecake in the oven to cool down slowly for an hour.
- When it’s finished baking it will be a little jiggly in the middle, this is perfect.
- After cooling in the oven, move it to the counter and let it cool down to room temperature and then move it to the fridge until chilled through. It’s ideal if you can leave it overnight.
- When it’s completely chilled through and firmed up then add the crumb topping and serve!
*You can switch the golden Oreos for a different vegan cookie if you prefer.
*The hardened cream from a can of coconut cream will usually equal about 1 and 1/4 cups (300ml). If you have to replace the coconut cream in this recipe with a different cream then this is the amount you would use.
*If you can’t get hold of caster sugar (superfine sugar) then you can use regular granulated white sugar instead.
*Our pie dish is 9-inches round and 2 and 1/2 inches deep. It needs to be a deep pie dish to fit the volume of this cheesecake. You could also use a 9-inch springform pan.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (of 12)
- Calories: 542
- Sugar: 40.6g
- Sodium: 421mg
- Fat: 30.3g
- Saturated Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 62.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 5.5g
Keywords: dairy free cheesecake, vegan baked cheesecake