You didn’t think I had another fudge recipe in me did you?
Since I’ve already made (at least) seven different types of fudge for this blog, you might’ve started to think I’m running out of steam on that one. But no, that would only be the case if I loved fudge a lot less than I do, and since I adore fudge, basically, I’m just getting started.
So here we have another delicious dairy-free fudge recipe!
This one doesn’t use vegan condensed milk like some of my other fudge recipes, but it’s a perfect recipe for super easy stovetop dairy-free fudge.
I at first struggled a bit to get this recipe right, it was tested quite a few times, and the results were all very enjoyably edible, but it wasn’t quite right.
This is actually a very easy fudge recipe, you make it on the stovetop but it’s quick, a mere 7-minutes of stirring boiling sugar is required, and after that you add vegan butter, vanilla extract and vegan chocolate and stir it in vigorously (so that it all melts into that boiling sugar) and there’s your fudge!
You also don’t need a candy thermometer or any special equipment. Well, you need a timer, because when I say 7-minutes of boiling the sugar, I mean exactly 7-minutes.
The trick to getting this recipe perfect (other than timing the sugar) is to use softened (not melted) vegan butter. If your butter is too hard, it doesn’t mix in fast enough and your fudge ends up crumbly. You need everything to mix in super quickly at the crucial moment when the boiling sugar mix comes off the heat.
You can use either vegan chocolate chips or slabs of vegan chocolate broken into pieces, but you must break it up into pieces (the blocks it naturally breaks into is fine, it doesn’t have to be smaller than that) so that it also melts in really fast.
You have to move quickly once you add your chocolate and softened vegan butter (and let’s not forget the vanilla!) because once it’s melted in it starts to set almost right away.
If you look at the pic near the top of the mix in the loaf pan, it had just gone in and you can see how it is already practically set on the sides.
As fudge goes, this is a really easy recipe for stovetop dairy free fudge, but results in a deliciously melt-in-the-mouth taste and texture.
It’s not snappy when you bite into it, like the more ‘tablet’ style fudges, it’s soft and smooth, but has a perfect fudge texture.
I hope you will love this delicious dairy free fudge, it is:
- Super easy
- Rich and mega-chocolatey
Keep it stored in the fridge where it will stay good for a week or even two!
So what do you think of this gorgeous dairy-free fudge recipe? Let us know in the comments and please rate the recipe too as that helps us so much!
For more glorious vegan fudge recipes, check these out:
- Vegan Fudge
- Vegan Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Microwave Chocolate Fudge
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
Sign up to our email list while you’re here for a free recipe ebook, and to stay updated with all our latest recipes!
Super Easy Dairy-Free Fudge
- ½ cup Soy Milk (120ml)
- 1 and ¼ cup White Granulated Sugar 250g
- ¼ cup Vegan Butter (56g) Softened
- 6 ounces Vegan Chocolate or Chocolate Chips (170g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare your vegan butter and vegan chocolate and have your vanilla extract on a teaspoon ready to go in. Everything must be prepared before you start as it will all happen very quickly.
- Add the soy milk and sugar to a saucepan and heat, stirring continuously until boiling. Set a timer and once boiling let it boil, while stirring constantly, for exactly 7-minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the vegan butter, chocolate and vanilla and stir in vigorously. Working quickly as it will start setting very fast, transfer to the parchment lined loaf pan and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Place into the refrigerator to set.
- Once set, lift out the entire block of fudge by lifting out the parchment paper, cut into squares and enjoy.