4-Ingredient double thick chocolate shake. Vegan and gluten-free this smooth, creamy, dreamy, chocolate shake is super healthy and fabulous for you.
- Add almond milk to the blender jug along with cocoa powder. Blend
- Add dates to the blender jug and blend again.
- Lastly add the frozen banana and using your blender’s stick attachment (if you have one) push the frozen banana down onto the blades and blend until very thick and smooth.
- If you don’t have a stick attachment (like for a Vitamix) then pulse blend until all the pieces of frozen banana have been broken down and then blend on full until smooth.
- If you don’t have a powerful blender, then add the frozen bananas in stages, blending as you go. You may need to add a little more almond milk in this case, but will still get a thick shake.
- Decorate two small serving glasses with some date syrup or vegan chocolate syrup and scoop the blended shake into the glasses evenly.
- Top with some cacao nibs and a maraschino cherry.
*Whenever you have extra ripe bananas on hand, peel them, break into quarters and freeze in a freezer bag.
*Bananas need to freeze at least overnight to get to the right consistency for this shake.
*Nutritional information is based on 1 shake (of 2) without toppings.
- Category: Dessert, Beverage
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Shake (of 2)
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 31.3g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 10.8g
- Protein: 5.2g