Easy 7-ingredient baba ganoush recipe, also known as moutabel. Creamy, tangy, savory and ideal as a dip or spread. Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
- Poke the eggplants with a fork several times.
- Remove just the outer flaky layers of the head of garlic, leaving the inner skins intact. Using a knife chop off just the tips of each clove. Place in tinfoil and pour over 1 tsp of olive oil and rub it around the sides so that the garlic is covered with the oil and then close it up in the tinfoil. For a step-by-step tutorial for roasted garlic check out: How To Make Roasted Garlic.
- Place the eggplants and the head of garlic into the oven and bake at 460°F (240°C) for around 45 minutes until the eggplants are soft inside when you poke them with a fork.
- Allow the eggplants to cool down and then slice open and scoop out the flesh into a food processor. Pop out the cloves of garlic and add to the food processor with the cooked eggplant.
- Add 2 Tbsp Tahini, 1 Tbsp olive oil and squeeze half a lemon. Process until smooth.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, parsley and paprika.
- Serve with flat breads or fresh chopped vegetables.
*For step-by-step pics for preparing your roasted garlic, check out our Roasted Garlic Tutorial.
- Category: Appetizer, Dip
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (1/4 of the recipe)
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 53mg
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 24.7g
- Fiber: 11.2g
- Protein: 5.1g