In honor of pumpkin season, we are doing ALL the pumpkin recipes right now, and what better way to put pumpkin to good use than a delicious Thai pumpkin curry!
This recipe is truly simple. Even if you’re not a cook in any way shape or form, you will manage this recipe with ease.
It’s just 10-ingredients (and that includes the rice!) and this pumpkin curry comes together in less than 45 minutes, and is a total breeze to prepare.
It’s also hearty and deliciously filling and serves 4 for a great meal.
If you want to really save time on this, then buy your pumpkin already peeled and chopped. If you do this, then you knock off 15 minutes, and can have dinner ready in 30 minutes!
Perfect for those nights when standing over a hot stove feels about as much fun as sticking a fork in your eye.
These kinds of easy meals can make even those kind of nights turn around for you. You’ll be enjoying a nice glass of wine with a super awesome healthy dinner in no time. And that my friends is a mood changer of note! Good food and good wine = good mood!
I used raw cashews in this dish because that’s what I had on hand, but I did think that some roasted, salted cashews would have been very nice in this as well.
You will love this fabulous vegan pumpkin curry, it is:
- Thai inspired
- Super quick and easy
- Just 10-ingredients (including the rice!)
Leftovers are perfectly delish the next day, so if you’re not serving as many people for dinner, make the same amount and have leftovers for lunch the next day!
So let us know what you think of this Thai pumpkin curry! And if you make it, please rate the recipe as this really helps us! Tag any pics #lovingitvegan on instagram so we can see them!
For more delicious vegan dinner recipes, check out these great options:
- Butternut Squash and Black Bean Vegan Enchiladas
- Butternut Squash Curry Bowls
- Vegan Chickpea Burgers
- Stuffed Roasted Butternut
- Vegan Mushroom Risotto
- Vegan Cottage Pie
There’s heaps more, but I reckon that’ll do for now!
And while you’re here, why not sign up for our email list! You’ll get an awesome (free) recipe ebook containing 10 lovely recipes, and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog! (Woot!)
Easy Thai Pumpkin Curry
For the Pumpkin Curry:
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion White, Yellow or Brown, Chopped
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 29 ounces Pumpkin (820g) Peeled and Cubed
- 14 ounces Canned Coconut Milk (400ml), Full Fat, Unsweetened
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock (240ml)
- 3 cups Baby Spinach (90g)
- ½ cup Cashew Nuts (75g)
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Basmati Rice
- Put your rice on to cook.
- Add the oil to a pot along with the chopped onion and curry powder. Fry until soft and translucent. Add the pumpkin and stir.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and bring to the boil. Cover and let it simmer over medium heat for around 10-12 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and cooked.
- Stir in the spinach until just wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and add the cashews and cilantro, keeping a little aside for serving.
- Serve over rice, topped with fresh chopped cilantro and cashews.
- If you buy your pumpkin already peeled and cubed, this recipe can be ready in 30 minutes or less.
- Don't be shy with the salt, if it's at all bland then just add more salt and pepper.
- Nutritional information is for 1 serve of 4 without rice.