Hearty and satisfying Thai inspired pumpkin curry! This easy 10-ingredient recipe (including the rice!) is ready in less than 45 minutes and makes a fabulously delicious dinner.
For the Pumpkin Curry:
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 29oz (820g) Pumpkin (peeled and cubed)
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup (240ml) Vegetable Broth/Stock
- 3oz (80g) Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup (75g) Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Basmati Rice
- Put your rice on to cook.
- Add the oil to a pot along with the chopped onion and curry powder. Fry until soft and translucent. Add the pumpkin and stir.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and bring to the boil. Cover and let it simmer over medium heat for around 10-12 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and cooked.
- Stir in the spinach until just wilted.
- Remove from the heat and add the cashews and cilantro, keeping a little aside for serving.
- Serve over rice, topped with fresh chopped cilantro and cashews.
*If you buy your pumpkin already peeled and cubed, this recipe can be ready in 30 minutes or less.
*Nutritional information is for 1 serve of 4 without rice.
- Category: Entree, Dinner, Mains
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the Recipe
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Fat: 29.7g
- Saturated Fat: 17.2g
- Carbohydrates: 27.9g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 8g