Soft and buttery small batch vegan dinner rolls! Perfect to serve with dinner, warm from the oven and thickly spread with vegan butter!
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) All-Purpose Flour
- Add the yeast, sugar, warm water and salt to a mixing bowl and mix.
- Then add the vegan butter and mix in.
- This part doesn’t mix very well, but that’s ok.
- Then add the flour and mix using the stand mixers dough hooks for 10 minutes at medium speed.
- Remove the batter from the mixing bowl, add more flour and knead it with your hands, adding more flour as needed until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place the ball of dough into a bowl, cover and leave for 30-45 minutes until it has roughly doubled in size.
- Roll the dough into six separate balls and place them into a buttered round cake tin. Cover once again and allow to rise for 30-45 minutes until they have roughly doubled in size.
- Place into a preheated oven and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 25 minutes.
- Serve right away.
*Water must be warm, not hot, otherwise it can affect the yeast and your dough won’t rise.
*Same thing goes for the salt – measure it out and don’t use any more than that, as too much can also affect the yeast.
*Recipe adapted from Wives With Knives
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Dinner Roll (of 6)
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 4g