Easy and delicious raisin packed vegan bran muffins. Hearty and satisfying and great for a quick vegan breakfast or snack.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Wheat Bran
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil (I used Olive)
- 1 Flax Egg
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar (White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (75g) Raisins (seedless)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the wheat bran, brown sugar, baking soda and salt and mix together.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute.
- Add the soy milk, applesauce, oil, flax egg, vinegar and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix in, using a hand whisk briefly to remove any lumps.
- Add the raisins and stir in.
- Spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray and divide the batter evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin (of 12)
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 20.9g
- Sodium: 169mg
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 37.7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3.2g