Vanilla protein pancakes that are golden brown, light, fluffy and delicious! Whip up this batch of pancakes in 30 minutes or less from start to finish. Gluten-Free and Vegan!
- Sift the flour and mix in the protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the almond milk (or any non-dairy milk), vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Prepare the flax egg by adding 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal to a bowl and adding in 3 Tbsp Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute before adding to the mixing bowl.
- Mash up the banana and add to the mixing bowl.
- Whisk up your pancake mix briefly using a hand whisk until there are no more lumps.
- Heat up a frying pan with a little coconut oil until hot.
- Pour in just enough batter to make one small pancake.
- You’ll see that you need to flip it over each side quite a few times, because the outside will cook quickly but when you press down on the pancake with your spatula, uncooked batter will leak out from the middle. So keep flipping so that they don’t burn, but cook enough that when you press down hard on them, there is no squishiness.
- Repeat until your batter runs out.
- Serve with vegan butter, syrup and sliced banana.
- Makes 6-7 pancakes depending on the size.
*Recipe adapted from Muscle and Fitness
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake (of 7)
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 397mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 5g