Easy and Delicious Green Curry Fried Rice with Crispy Baked Tofu. Mildly spicy, veggie packed, protein rich, island inspired, vegan and gluten-free!
For the Green Curry Fried Rice:
- 1 cup (200g) Basmati Rice
- 2–3 Spring Onions
- 1 16 oz (450g) Bag Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1 Pack (9 oz/250g) White Button Mushrooms
- 2 tsp Vegan Green Curry Paste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coconut Milk
For the Tofu and Marinade:
- First, slice your tofu into cubes, and place onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 460 degrees fahrenheit (240 degrees celsius).
- While the tofu is baking, add the cup of rice along with 1.5 cups of water to a pot, turn the heat to high and cover the pot. As soon as it begins to boil, turn the heat down and simmer, covered, until cooked. The rice is cooked as soon as the water has cooked off. It is very quick – about 8-10 minutes.
- While the rice and tofu are on the go, saute chopped spring onions with green curry paste and then gradually add coconut milk.
- When that is heated and simmering, add the mushrooms, and cover the pot for a couple of minutes to allow the mushrooms to release their water.
- Then add the frozen peas and carrots and cook uncovered, turn down the heat and allow to simmer uncovered until only a little sauce remains.
- Then mix your veggies with the cooked rice in the pot.
- Now get your tofu marinade sauce ready.
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, date honey or maple syrup and spices together.
- As soon as the tofu is baked, transfer the tofu to a dish and pour the marinade sauce over it, making sure each piece is covered.
- Then, using a slotted spatula, move the marinaded tofu to a frying pan, leaving most of the sauce behind.
- Fry the tofu in its own marinade sauce until crispy and browned.
- Add to the pot with the rice and veggies and mix in. Pour over any remaining marinade sauce.
*Inspired by Minimalist Baker
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian, Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 12.9g
- Sodium: 586mg
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 62.6g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 20g