Vegan matcha green tea cupcakes topped with a velvety matcha green tea frosting! These moist and delicious vegan cupcakes are loaded with green tea flavor and are light, fluffy and fabulous.
- For the Cupcakes:
- 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (200g) Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Olive Oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- For the Matcha Green Tea Frosting:
- 3 cups (375g) Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) Vegan Butter
- 3 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 Tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda, salt and matcha powder.
- Add in the soy milk, olive oil, vanilla and vinegar and mix in. Use a hand whisk briefly to remove any lumps.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners and divide the batter evenly between them.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare your frosting by adding the powdered sugar, vegan butter, soy milk and matcha powder to the bowl of an electric mixer and starting at slow speed, gradually increase speed until the frosting is thick and smooth. If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If it is too thick, add more soy milk a drop at a time until you reach the right consistency.
- Frost the cupcakes and before serving, sprinkle a little matcha green tea powder directly on top (optional).
*Nutritional estimate is for 1 cupcake of 12 including frosting.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake (of 12)
- Calories: 361
- Sugar: 47.8g
- Sodium: 256mg
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 65.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 4.5g