This homemade peanut butter is creamy and smooth, perfectly spreadable, spoonable and deliciously salty with a hint of sweet. Super easy and fun to make!
- 2 cups (300g) Roasted Salted Peanuts
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Oil*
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Add the peanuts to the food processor and process. It will start off crumbly and then will gradually form clumps and start to stick to the sides.
- Stop the machine, scrape down the sides and then start up again and add in the peanut oil while the machine is running.
- Keep processing until it turns into a smooth peanut butter.
*I used peanut oil (for obvious matching reasons) but using another oil will also work perfectly fine. The oil is also actually optional. This peanut butter can be made without any added oil, but I do find that it comes together a little quicker with a little added oil.
*This recipe was first published in January 2018.
- Category: How to
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 61mg
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.6g
Keywords: homemade peanut butter