Chocolate Covered Honeycomb Crunchie bars – based on the Cadbury Crunchie candy bar, these gorgeous chocolate treats contain only 6 ingredients and are gluten-free, vegan and fabulously good!
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp (123g) Golden Syrup (or sub any light colored syrup)
- 1 cup (200g) Sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Water
- 1 + 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 7 oz (200g) Vegan Dark Chocolate
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it down next to the stove.
- Place the full amount of baking soda in a bowl next to the stove so it can all be thrown in at once when the time is right.
- Add the Golden Syrup, Sugar and Water to a pot and turn the heat on high.
- Stirring all the while, allow the sugar to thoroughly melt and begin bubbling away.
- Using a sugar thermometer, wait until the bubbling mix reaches 300 degrees fahrenheit and immediately move the pot off the heat.
- Throw all the baking soda in immediately and with a handheld whisk quickly whisk the baking soda in.
- Be wary as the mix will double or triple in size, so make sure you don’t get burnt.
- Pour the mix out onto the parchment paper and leave it be, don’t try to smooth it out or touch it with anything.
- Leave it to set and cool for an hour.
- Break into pieces.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a heat proof dish over a pot with boiling water at the bottom. Or microwave it in 30-second intervals bringing it out to stir every 30-seconds until melted.
- Roll the honeycomb crunchie pieces in the chocolate, using a fork to move it around and flip it over, and then place the chocolate covered pieces back onto the parchment paper.
- Place the tray containing the chocolate covered pieces into the refrigerator and allow the chocolate to set.
- And your honeycomb crunchies are ready to eat!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for the best results.
*Adapted from Kitchen Tested
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Bar (of 14)
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 166mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1.4g