Learn how to make delicious almond milk at home that tastes so much better than store-bought. Creamy, smooth and perfect.
- 1 cup (160g) Raw Almonds (soak for 6 hours in cold water)
- 3 cups (720ml) Water
- 2 Small Pitted Dates
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Measure out a cup of almonds and place them into a bowl, pour clear filtered water over them and leave to soak for 6 hours (or overnight). Then throw off the soak water and rinse the nuts.
- Add the soaked almonds, 3 cups of filtered water, dates, vanilla and salt to a blender jug. Blend very well, for at least a minute.
- Using a nut milk bag strain the almond milk, squeezing the nut milk bag to get every last drop of milk and leaving a very dry pulp behind in the bag.
- Transfer the strained milk into a jar or milk bottle and keep covered in the refrigerator. Shake before using. Consume within 3 days.
- Discard the almond pulp or use it to make cookies.
*Prep time does not include soaking the almonds first.
*If you want a super rich almond milk you can reduce the water to 2 cups and if you want a lighter version you can increase the water to 4 cups.
- Category: Beverage, How To, Gluten-Free
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 183mg
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 10.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: how to make almond milk