Easy step-by-step guide to how to make cauliflower rice. A perfect replacement for regular rice in any dish! Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1–2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Get a big bowl and place the whole head of cauliflower into it. Pour over hot water (from the kettle) and some salt and allow to sit for 10 minutes to make sure it’s properly clean.
- Then break off the individual florets and feed them into a food processor using the medium grating blade so that you’re left with grains of cauliflower that resemble grains of rice.
- Heat up a large frying pan or wok that has a lid with 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil. If your head of cauliflower was quite large then use 2 Tbsp Olive Oil.
- Add the cauliflower and saute for a minute, then cover with a lid and allow the cauliflower to gently steam for a minute or two and then remove the lid and saute a little again.
- Repeat until you’ve cooked the rice for 8-10 minutes. It should be firm but tender.
- Serve with a stir fry or crispy tofu or veggie stew or anywhere you would usually use rice.
*Nutritional information is based on a medium head of cauliflower and 1 Tbsp olive oil for 4 servings.
- Category: How To, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 4)
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 2.8g