This super simple vegan chocolate frosting is absolutely gorgeous on…. you guessed it – a vegan chocolate cake!
What you’ll love about this frosting is that it’s so easy and quick to prepare, and the result is rich, chocolatey, dark and creamy, with a hint of buttercream richness and hints of vanilla.
And…there’s nothing wrong with mixing and matching your frostings – happily use it on a vanilla cake too (as I’m doing in the photos!).
But of course, it’s going to be awesome on a rich chocolate cake.
Or use it on cupcakes or cookies.
Or spread it thick on top of some delicious chocolate brownies!
Any comments or questions, post them down below!
And if you make any of our recipes, be sure to come back and rate them!
Please also tag any photos #lovingitvegan on instagram! Thanks!Print
5-ingredient Vegan Chocolate Frosting recipe that is ready in minutes. Perfect for use on cakes, cupcakes and cookies.
- 3 and 3/4 cups (450g) Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tbsp (30g) Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Vegan Butter
- 4 Tbsp (60ml) Soy Milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) Vanilla Extract
- Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa into your mixing bowl.
- Add the vegan butter, vanilla and soy milk.
- Using an electric mixer, mix on low, gradually moving to a higher setting until thick, smooth and creamy.
- It should be thick, so that it’s easily spreadable yet won’t go sliding off a cake. So if it’s not thick enough, add a little more powdered sugar, if it’s too thick – add a little more soy milk.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 10)
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 47g
- Sodium: 24mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0.8g