5-ingredient Vegan Chocolate Frosting recipe that is ready in minutes. Perfect for use on cakes, cupcakes and cookies.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vegan butter, vanilla and around half the soy milk to the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Start mixing on low, gradually moving to a higher setting until thick, smooth and creamy. Add the extra soy milk in slowly, only as much as needed.*
- It should be thick, but still be easily spreadable so it won’t go sliding off a cake. So if it’s not thick enough, add a little more powdered sugar.
*I usually use 5 Tbsp soy milk in this recipe, but different brands of vegan butters have different water contents, so if you’re using one with a higher water content and use all 5 Tbsp soy milk, you might have a consistency that is too runny. So start off slow and only add in all the soy milk if you need to. You want your frosting to be thick, but still spreadable.
- Category: Vegan, Baking, How To
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 10)
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 47g
- Sodium: 24mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0.8g
Keywords: vegan chocolate frosting