Step by step guide to making vegan condensed milk in minutes! Perfect for use in any recipe calling for condensed milk!
- Add the soy milk powder and sugar to your blender and blend them dry to mix them together well.
- Pour hot water from the kettle into a measuring jug up to the 1/2 cup (120ml) line and to the hot water add the coconut oil and salt and add to the blender.
- Blend for a minute or so until well mixed and smooth.
- Pour out immediately into a container or bowl.
- The condensed milk will thicken as it cools.
*Soy milk powder can be replaced with rice milk powder for identical results.
*I tried it with coconut milk powder and the consistency is much thinner. However, it still works perfectly as a 1-1 replacement in recipes that are going to be baked/cooked such as fudge for example. But if you’re using it in a no-bake recipe then I wouldn’t use coconut milk powder for this.
*Different brands of soy milk powder/rice milk powder etc have different densities. I found this out first hand when trying a new brand of soy milk powder that made this condensed milk extremely thick. If yours turns out super thick and isn’t an easily pourable consistency when in the blender, then add a little more hot water. It should be easily pourable when in the blender and firm up in the fridge to the usual condensed milk consistency.
*Recipe adapted from Go Dairy Free
- Category: Vegan, Baking, How To
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 12.7g
- Sodium: 108mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 22.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.5g
Keywords: vegan condensed milk