Oh my word – THIS frosting recipe! Soooo good.
When you want a frosting that is super sweet yet with just enough tang to offset it, then you likely want this vegan lemon buttercream frosting.
Honestly you’ll love it on some Red Velvet Cake!
And of course if you want to match your topsies and bottomsies then you’d likely wanna put it on your lemon cake too!
I’m not one for overdoing the vegan butter, but this has just enough to make it delectably creamy and rich.
Just 4 ingredients! This is a frosting you will love!
It’s also beyond divine on some vegan carrot cake.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know how it went! Rate it and leave a comment. And let us know what kind of cake you used it on!
Or was it cookies, or something else?
Tag any photos of your baking creations #lovingitvegan on instagram so we can see what you’re baking out there!Print
Easy step-by-step guide to making vegan lemon buttercream frosting. Just 4 ingredients!
- 3 and 3/4 Cups (450g) Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Vegan Butter
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp (5ml) Vanilla Extract
- Add the powdered sugar into a mixing bowl along with the vegan butter, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed mix together, gradually increasing speed.
- It should be very thick so that when you spread it on a cake it sets and doesn’t run.
- If it’s not thick enough, then add another 1/4 to 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 10)
- Calories: 208
- Sodium: 30mg
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 0g