Oh my word – THIS frosting recipe! Soooo good.
When you want a frosting that is super sweet yet with just enough tang to offset it, then you likely want this vegan lemon buttercream frosting.
To be honest, in retrospect, I probably should’ve just called this ‘vegan lemon frosting’ because I didn’t use much vegan butter in it at all.
But whether it’s called ‘lemon buttercream’ or straight up ‘lemon frosting’ is not super important, what is important is that this is a frosting that has served me very well.
It is simply divine on a Vegan Red Velvet Cake!
And a slightly adjusted version (adding in some apple cider vinegar for even more tang – no seriously – it works great!) for our Vegan Carrot Cake was a heck of a winner too!
So it might not be a lot of vegan butter used in this but it definitely has just enough to make it delectably creamy and rich.
And it’s just 4 ingredients! This is a frosting you will love!
Have you made this recipe? Let us know how it went! Rate it and leave a comment. And let us know what kind of cake you used it on!
Or was it cookies, or something else? Let us know!
And check out our other frosting recipes too, like these:
And then you only have to search our cakes (type ‘cake’ into the search bar above) to see all the delish cakes we’ve made and the awesome frostings paired with them.
Sign up to our email list for a fabulous (and free!) recipe ebook with 10 delicious vegan recipes and to stay updated with all our latest recipe posts.Print
Easy step-by-step guide to making vegan lemon buttercream frosting. Just 4 ingredients!
- 3 and 3/4 Cups (450g) Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Vegan Butter
- 4 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp (5ml) Vanilla Extract
- Add the powdered sugar into a mixing bowl along with the vegan butter, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed mix together, gradually increasing speed.
- It should be thick so that when you spread it on a cake it sets and doesn’t run. However, if it’s too thick, add more lemon juice, a drop at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
- If it’s not thick enough, then add more powdered sugar.
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (of 10)
- Calories: 208
- Sodium: 30mg
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 0g