This gorgeous pasta recipe is my new favorite.
It takes 30 minutes or less from start to finish, and that’s what I like in a dinner meal!
It’s really so simple to throw together.
You simply chop up the veg (mushrooms and carrots), throw them in a pot with a little soy sauce, cover and turn on to medium high heat while you get that linguine going.
Then you mix up the sauce ingredients and set aside (no cooking required for the sauce).
Get the linguine off the stove, drain and rinse and then throw that in the pot with the (now cooked) veggies, throw over the sauce, mix in and you’re done.
Some crushed peanuts and chopped cilantro or parsley for serving is awesome (but optional) and dinner is served.
The sauce contains peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, chili sauce, apple cider vinegar, crushed garlic and a little cajun spice.
In spite of both chili and cajun spice, it’s only mildly spicy.
You’ll love how fast this meal comes together. It blows me away every time.
It’s just so EASY to do. Yet the result is so gorgeous.
The recipe serves at least 4 and it’s filling and satisfying, so since there are only 2 of us, when I make it it’s usually dinner plus lunch the next day sorted. Double win!
Let me know your comments on this gorgeous Linguine with Garlic Chili Peanut Sauce recipe below!
And if you make it, let me know how it goes!
And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #lovingitvegan on instagram – I would love to see it! Thank you!
Ready in 30 minutes Garlic Chili Peanut Linguine! This vegan dish is perfect as an entree, mildly spicy and delicious!
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (63g) Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Date Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- Sprinkle Cajun Spice
- For the Linguine:
- 1 Package of Linguine
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Packs (17.5 oz / 500g) Button Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- Cook the linguine according to the package instructions.
- Slice the carrots and the mushrooms and add them to a pot with 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce, cover and turn to medium high heat.
- While the linguine is cooking in one pot and the mushrooms and carrots in another, start preparing your sauce.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and then whisk using a hand whisk to combine properly and set aside.
- When the mushrooms have released their water and are bubbling away with the carrots, remove the lid from the pot and allow some of the water to cook off.
- As soon as the linguine is perfectly al dente, remove from the stove, drain and rinse and then return to the pot.
- By this time the carrots and mushrooms will be cooked.
- Transfer the whole pot of mushrooms, carrots and the remaining water/soy sauce left behind into the pot with the linguine and mix in.
- The mushroom cooking water and soy sauce will create extra sauciness once you mix in the peanut, chili and garlic sauce.
- Now pour the peanut chili garlic sauce over the top and mix it all in well.
- You’re ready to serve!
- Serve with some crushed peanuts and fresh parsley or cilantro (optional) or some vegan parmesan cheese.
*Use gluten-free pasta if you’re on a gluten-free diet.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (1/4 of the recipe)
- Calories: 653
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 1042mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 107.5g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Protein: 24.8g