Ready in 30 minutes Garlic Chili Peanut Linguine! This vegan dish is perfect as an entree, mildly spicy and delicious!
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (63g) Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Date Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- Sprinkle Cajun Spice
- For the Linguine:
- 1 Package of Linguine
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Packs (17.5 oz / 500g) Button Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- Cook the linguine according to the package instructions.
- Slice the carrots and the mushrooms and add them to a pot with 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce, cover and turn to medium high heat.
- While the linguine is cooking in one pot and the mushrooms and carrots in another, start preparing your sauce.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and then whisk using a hand whisk to combine properly and set aside.
- When the mushrooms have released their water and are bubbling away with the carrots, remove the lid from the pot and allow some of the water to cook off.
- As soon as the linguine is perfectly al dente, remove from the stove, drain and rinse and then return to the pot.
- By this time the carrots and mushrooms will be cooked.
- Transfer the whole pot of mushrooms, carrots and the remaining water/soy sauce left behind into the pot with the linguine and mix in.
- The mushroom cooking water and soy sauce will create extra sauciness once you mix in the peanut, chili and garlic sauce.
- Now pour the peanut chili garlic sauce over the top and mix it all in well.
- You’re ready to serve!
- Serve with some crushed peanuts and fresh parsley or cilantro (optional) or some vegan parmesan cheese.
*Use gluten-free pasta if you’re on a gluten-free diet.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Serve (1/4 of the recipe)
- Calories: 653
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 1042mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 107.5g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Protein: 24.8g