Easy step-by-step guide to making roasted garlic. Ideal for use in mashed potatoes, sauces and spreads. Or just pop out a clove of warm toasted garlic and spread it on toast. Smells sensational when roasting.
- 1 Head Garlic
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C)
- Remove just the outer flaky layers of the head of garlic, leaving the inner skins intact.
- Using a knife chop off just the tips of each clove.
- Place in tinfoil and pour over 1 tsp of olive oil and rub it around the sides so that the garlic is covered with the oil.
- Wrap it up in the tinfoil and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the tinfoil, allow to cool for a few minutes and then pop out the cloves with your fingers.
*Storing: It’s simply divine eaten right away, warm and toasty from the oven! But if you do have leftovers you can add the cloves to a glass jar, top up with olive oil so that the cloves are covered, and then store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
*Freezing: Pop the roasted cloves out, let them cool completely and then lay them flat on a baking sheet. Freeze until frozen and then transfer the frozen cloves to a freezer bag or container. Let them thaw in the fridge and use as you like.
*This recipe was first published in April 2016. It has been updated with new photos and tips.
- Category: Vegan, How To
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Whole Head of Garlic
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 5mg
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.9g
Keywords: roasted garlic