Toasted coconut is the best thing ever as a topping.
For ice creams especially!
Sprinkle it on cakes, cupcakes, cookies or just your oatmeal in the morning! It tastes so delicious (and smells so good) you’ll pretty much just want to sprinkle this on everything.
How to make toasted coconut topping
It’s a cinch to make! All you do is take a 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, which is not the dried out crushed version (that would be dessicated coconut), but the moist shredded coconut flakes like you see in the pic below.
And then you gently toast that in the oven for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
Then you whiz it up in the food processor with 1/4 cup of coconut sugar.
You have the most delicious smelling house (that toasty coconut thing smells beautiful!) and the most fabulous dessert topping.Print
Easy 2-ingredient toasted coconut topping. Perfect as an ice cream topping and to sprinkle on pancakes, cakes, cookies or even just your morning oatmeal!
- 1/2 cup (40g) Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup (30g) Coconut Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the shredded coconut onto a baking tray.
- Bake it for 6-8 minutes stirring every 2 minutes until golden brown and toasted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- When it’s cooled, move the toasted coconut to a food processor and add the coconut sugar.
- Process until finely mixed.
- Move to an airtight jar for storage.
*Recipe adapted from The Kitchn.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Heaped Teaspoon
- Calories: 38
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 4.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 0.2g
Keywords: toasted coconut