Rich dark chocolate mini vegan chocolate cheesecakes. 3-layers of decadent bliss! Crunchy oreo crust, creamy chocolate cheesecake center, topped with melted chocolate and crushed oreos.
- For the Crust:
- 22 Oreos
- 1/3 cup (75g) Vegan Butter
- For the Chocolate Cheesecake:
- 2 cups (300g) Raw Cashews (soaked for 1 hour)
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Date Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 7oz (200g) Vegan Dark Chocolate
- For the Topping:
- 3.5oz (100g) Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 6 Oreos (Crushed)
- Place the cashew nuts into a bowl and cover with water. Leave to soak for 1 hour.
- Add the oreos to a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- Melt the vegan butter and pour into the food processor while it’s running, so that it mixes evenly with the oreo crumbs.
- Cut 12 strips of parchment paper to use on the bottom of a cupcake tray.
- Holding the strip down with one hand, spoon out some of the oreo crust mix out on top.
- Pat it down with a spoon.
- When all 12 are done, place the tray into the freezer to set.
- When your cashews are finished soaking, drain them and rinse with fresh water.
- Add the cashews, lemon juice, vanilla extract and date honey or maple syrup to your blender jug.
- Place the coconut milk into a pot and heat on the stove till it reaches a simmer.
- Break up the 7oz of dark chocolate into a bowl, and when the coconut milk is simmering, pour it out over the chocolate, allowing to sit for a minute to give it a chance to melt.
- With a hand whisk, whisk the chocolate sauce until smooth. If a few lumps of chocolate remain, that’s okay as it will all be blended anyway.
- Pour this out into the blender jug with your other ingredients.
- Blend until very smooth and until no graininess remains.
- Spoon this out on top of the oreo crust and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Return to the freezer to set completely. This can take around 4 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, melt the remaining 3.5oz dark chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave by microwaving for 30 seconds at a time then taking it out to stir and then repeating until melted.
- Spoon this on top of the cheesecakes and immediately add some crushed oreos so that it sticks onto the melted chocolate. Due to the coldness of the cheesecakes the chocolate will harden quickly.
- Using a knife, run it along the sides of the cheesecakes to loosen them, and then tug gently on the parchment paper tags, and they will pop out perfectly.
- Store any leftovers in the freezer, where they can remain permanently. No need to thaw them out before serving, they are ideal straight out the freezer.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 Cheesecake (of 12)
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 23.6g
- Sodium: 166mg
- Fat: 32.3g
- Saturated Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 40.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 8.4g