Do these pictures do these chocolate coconut snowballs justice? I’m not sure they do!
No disrespect to my hubby the photog who did a great job, but I’m just not sure any photo can do justice to what these actually taste like!
They look like some simple little chocolate dessert balls, covered in coconut ‘snow’ but they taste like heaven.
I am not even a little embarrassed to say that since making these I have been making a beeline for the freezer first thing after waking up in the morning to have 1 (or 2 or 3). They are so good they are the first thing you think about when you open your eyes!
And they’re super easy too, which always makes a dessert even more fun.
You throw some rolled oats and dried (dessicated) coconut into a big mixing bowl. Then you throw some vegan butter, sugar, cocoa, salt and non-dairy milk into a saucepan and heat it up to a boil, then let it boil for a minute, and then add in some vanilla and pour that chocolate gorgeousness over the rolled oats and coconut and mix in.
Then you just let that delightful mixture chill in the freezer until cold. Roll into balls and roll the balls in LOADS more coconut and return to the freezer to set.
The freezer is also where they live. They are so perfect straight from the freezer: cold, chewy and so delicious you’ll just want to live on them exclusively for a few days.
You will love these gorgeous chocolate coconut snowballs, they are:
- Super easy
- Festive and fun!
- Packed with rolled oats and coconut
Keep them stored in the freezer where they’ll keep for ages (not that anyone will be able to keep these around for ages), and be ready for any snack attacks or dessert cravings that hit!
Let us know in the comments what you think of these no-bake vegan chocolate coconut snowballs! Are they ticking all the boxes for you like they are for us?
If you make them, let us know how they turned out and please rate the recipe too, that’s so helpful.
Tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram if you take any photos.
For more easy no-bake dessert deliciousness check out these great options:
- Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Caramel Tarts
- No-Bake Vegan Banoffee Pie
- No-Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Squares
- Chocolate Mint Crunch Cups
Sign up to our email list for a great 10-recipe free ebook, and to stay updated with all our latest recipes!
Festive chocolate coconut snowballs – super easy and deliciously chocolatey, these chewy no-bake snowballs are packed with rolled oats and coconut, and they’re vegan and gluten-free!
- Place the rolled oats and 1 cup (80g) of the dried (dessicated) coconut into a large bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Add the vegan butter, sugar, soy milk, cocoa powder and salt into a saucepan and set it on medium to high heat. Stir constantly until butter melts and then whisk briefly if needed to remove any lumps.
- Continue stirring until the mixture boils and then leave it to boil for 1 minute without stirring.
- Remove from heat and add in the vanilla, then pour the whole mix over the rolled oats and coconut mix and stir together. Cover and refrigerate until completely cold (you can also put it in the freezer to speed things up if you like).
- Place the remaining 1 cup of dried (dessicated) coconut into a shallow bowl. Roll the chocolate mixture into balls and then roll the balls in the coconut until very well covered and then place onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- The balls will be a bit fragile, so press them firmly into a ball before rolling in the coconut.
- When you’ve finished rolling all the balls place the tray into the freezer for the balls to set. This is also where you’ll store them as they remain perfect in the freezer.
*Use gluten-free rolled oats to keep this recipe gluten-free.
*Prep time does not include chill time.
*Inspired by Sallys Baking Addiction.
- Category: Dessert, Gluten-Free
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Serving Size: 1 Ball (of 22)
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 9.9g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 2.7g