These festive no-bake chocolate snowballs are deliciously chocolatey, packed with rolled oats and coconut and super easy to make.
Do these pictures do these chocolate snowballs justice? I’m not sure they do!
No disrespect to my hubby who did a great job with the photos, but I’m just not sure any photo can do justice to what these actually taste like!
They look like some simple little chocolate dessert balls, covered in coconut ‘snow’ but they taste like heaven.
I am not even a little embarrassed to say that since making these I have been making a beeline for the freezer first thing after waking up in the morning to have 1 (or 2 or 3). They are so good they are the first thing you think about when you open your eyes!
How To Make Chocolate Snowballs
They’re super easy to make too, which always makes a dessert even more fun.
You throw some rolled oats and dessicated coconut into a big mixing bowl. Then you throw some vegan butter, sugar, cocoa, salt and non-dairy milk into a saucepan and heat it up to a boil, then let it boil for a minute, and then add in some vanilla and pour that chocolate gorgeousness over the rolled oats and coconut and mix in.
Then you just let that delightful mixture chill in the freezer until cold. Roll into balls and roll the balls in LOADS more coconut and return to the freezer to set.
The freezer is also where they live. They are so perfect straight from the freezer: cold, chewy and so delicious you’ll just want to live on them exclusively for a few days.
Storing and Freezing
Keep them stored in the freezer where they’ll keep for ages (not that anyone will be able to keep these around for ages), and be ready for any snack attacks or dessert cravings that hit.
They tend to get a little too soft in the fridge so the freezer is the best place to store them. They don’t freeze solid and are perfect to snack on straight out of the freezer.
More Easy Desserts
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Vegan Peanut Butter Balls
- Vegan Carrot Cake Balls
- No-Bake Vegan Truffles
- Vegan Coconut Truffles
- Vegan Energy Balls
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment and rating below!
- Place the rolled oats and 1 cup (80g) of the dessicated coconut into a large bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Add the vegan butter, sugar, soy milk, cocoa powder and salt into a saucepan and heat it on medium to high heat. Stir constantly until butter melts and then whisk briefly if needed to remove any lumps.
- Continue stirring until the mixture boils and then leave it to boil for 1 minute without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and add in the vanilla, then pour the whole mix over the rolled oats and coconut mix and stir together. Cover and refrigerate until completely cold (you can also put it in the freezer to speed things up if you like).
- Place the remaining 1 cup of dried (dessicated) coconut into a shallow bowl. Roll the chocolate mixture into balls and then roll the balls in the coconut until very well covered and then place onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- The balls will be a bit fragile, so press them firmly into a ball before rolling in the coconut.
- When you’ve finished rolling all the balls place the tray into the freezer for the balls to set. This is also where you’ll store them as they remain perfect in the freezer.
- Use gluten-free rolled oats to keep this recipe gluten-free.
- Prep time does not include chill time.